Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trying something new

This is line art from a on sight commission I did at Connecti-Con. I finished the traditional coloring of this piece, and am working digitizing it. Its been a little hectic trying to work on it between all these conventions, work, and anything else that likes to get in the way. I decided I wanted to use a combination of Cell Style for the main characters and a more soft painterly style for the background so it looks more like a screen capture from a show.

Here is me toying around with soft painterly approach. I am having fun experimenting. So this just a very early start to a new piece I have been playing with to get a break from some of my other work or chores. If it is a successful approach to coloring and looks nice in the final product. I will probably continue to use it in all the rest of my work. I am still teaching myself digital coloring and I admit I safe in my safety zone far to much. But that is going to change.

0 comments:

GraveYard Shift Studios is a licensed L.L.C. and has full copyright.