Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Aang and Zuko, Dragon Dance



So I had all the different nations symbols on their each individual structure that matched each nations architecture and so on, In the distance I had the da bad guys in silhouette, honest. After doing some other work, I came back to look at it with fresh eyes and realized it was WAY to much, it was cluttered, it really made me feel claustrophobic. I remember what Gan said in my chinese painting and calligraphy class, DONT KILL PAINTING! infact he would threaten you with it, as well as threatening to do push ups. =_= so...in fear of Gan exploding threw my walls to yell at me about how much I not only killed the piece but could classify it as OVER KILL.
wah la. simplicity.

BTW- THE MOVIE SUCKED AND I TOLD YOU SOOOOOO! I cant believe ppl even bothered to go see it. For shame. Ya know what you should do, go out and buy the whoooooole series and products that line the pockets of the AWESOME ppl that made the show, NOT m.knight shlamakldfjfd...la's Don't encourage him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! This makes me happy. I am going to make it my desktop background for the week! My brother (who is also a giant Avatar fan like I am) just pointed out that during the Dragon dance, Aang doesn't use air he uses fire. Whateverrrr Billllll!

My only suggestion would be to make the background color a little less dark so that the lines in the characters pop!

M.C. Walker said...

i know he uses fire. but this technically is NOT the dragon dance. its my interpretation. i actually had alot more stuff in the background tying everything in...and i just wanted the dragons to symbolize the characters and their positions. i think it would be less last airbender if he was using fire. even if ppl dont know much about it they will get it better by one look by doing that then him using fire. believe me i am aware of the dragon dance and im a technical nazi about accuracy, u should have heard me point out every flaw in any batman adapation that isnt the comics or animated series.

honestly...i dont have time right NOW a day b4 the con...when this is a last minute idea...to do any changes to the background. i already made a million changes to it b4 i took it alllllll out. which...i wrote down in the description.
that asside. when the con is over i can revist this and do much more with the background or just simply make a better newer avatar piece. which would be fun.
Im am insanely HONOURED that an avatar fan such as your self now only likes this piece but made it your desktop. i dont think ANYONE has ever used anything of mine as a desktop...unless its my face oh wait..thats a doormat. just kidding.
anyway thank you also SOOOO much for commenting. lol. i didnt know the comment thing was disabled, i couldnt understand why ppl would tell me something via text, or facebook or email instead of commenting on the blog itself. thanks for being the first and...thanks for correcting my retardation.

GraveYard Shift Studios is a licensed L.L.C. and has full copyright.